Michael is a disciplined, motivated and innovative advocate with a rare touch of enthusiasm for his work. He is extremely competent in real estate, banking and finance law with centralized specialization in project structuring, security perfection and conveyancing. He is involved in the structuring of Tatu City, Wayne Ville City, Superior Homes (Kenya) PLC, Qwetu Ruaraka Residence, Lakeview Heights, Prissy Apartments and the Kipande Road Project among others.
• Real Estate and Banking.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law.
• LLB (Hons) Moi University School of Law
• Part of the team advising Tatu City Limited, a real estate development company, on aspects of legal structuring for a proposed mixed use development on 2,500 acres, Tatu City, in Ruiru Municipality. The project, which at completion will have 60,000 residential units and involves elements of infrastructure, in particular construction of roads, installation of water and sanitation and sale of the units. He was also part of the team representing Tatu City Limited in sale of Seventy (70) Acres of Land worth United States Dollars Seventy Million ( $70,000,000.00)
• Part of the team advising Prissy Apartments Limited on all aspects of legal structuring for a structuring of construction of residential units known as Prissy Apartments for the construction of 100 residential flats on Mombasa Road and representing the Developer Company (a real estate development company) in sales of the units.
• Advising Property Reality Company Limited (PRC Limited) a real estate development company, on all aspects of legal structuring for residential housing in Nakuru County (Lakeview Heights) and Katani, Machakos County and representing the Developer Company in sales of 40 residential units in Nakuru and 400 residential units in Katani, Machakos
• Part of the team advising Uaso Nyarobe Waterfront Limited in structuring of a master plan for establishment of a mega car park project and Real Estate Investments Trusts (REITS) to be established along Kipande Road within Nairobi Central Business District.
• Advising Superior Homes (Kenya) PLC in the structuring and sale of 600 residential units in Mavoko. The Estate, known as Greenpark is a unique lifestyle development that offers the best of country living within easy reach of the city along the Nairobi- Mombasa highway and acting for the Company in the sale
• Advising a developer on all aspect of legal structuring of a mixed used development to be developed on one hundred (100) acres piece of land in Muthaiga Area of Nairobi City County. The Project is valued at United States Dollars Eighteen Billion ( $18,000,000.00).
Banking and Finance
• Acting for Barclays Bank of Kenya in lending facility to a local company in the sum of Kshs. 650,000,000/= and acting on its behalf in preparation of the requisite security documentation and perfection.
• Acting for KCB Bank (Kenya) Limited in takeover and lending facility in the sum of Kshs. 800,000,000/= to a local company and acting on its behalf in preparation of the requisite security documentation and perfection.
• Undertaking securities review on the various securities perfected in favour of banks and recommending the way forward to reduce the risk exposure to the respective banks in the event of recovery.
• Published an e-alert on the compliance with the Solar Water Heating Regulations of 2012-A case for developers and contractors in the MMC Africa Law newsletter quoted in the capital Business new on 23rd November, 2017 excerpt available at www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/11/deadline-mandatory-solar-water-heating-systems-lapses-two-days/
• Kenya .
• Law Society of Kenya. .