MMC Africa Law has handled a number of labour, employment and immigration matters over the years through its Commercial Department and its Dispute Resolution Department. The following list sets out the labour matters that the Firm has advised on:
• Kenya Medical Research Institute, a State Corporation established under the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act, in an on-going case filed by a former Director who is claiming a sum of KES 240 Million.
• Kenya Medical Research Institute, a State Corporation established under the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act in another suit filed by former researchers who are seeking a sum of KES 100 Million.
• Acting for KCB Bank Kenya Limited in suits filed by unionisable employees challenging decisions by the Human Resources Department of the Bank, collecting debts arising from the corporate and retail departments of the Bank with a portfolio of about KES 200,000,000.
• Defending the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board in the High Court for suits in its tribunal and disciplinary committees.
• Representing the Geothermal Development Company in the High Court and the Environmental and Labour Relations Court in diverse matters before these courts.
• Advising Danone Baby Nutrition Africa & Overseas on the termination of employment on the account of redundancy for employees in Kenya in accordance with Kenyan labour laws and the terminal dues payable.
• Drafting and developing standard employment templates for all the employees of Iberafrica Power Limited, an independent power producing company, and reviewing and amending its Human Resource Policy Manual.
• Drafting and developing standard employment contract templates for expatriates, senior local employees and junior local employees of Astonfield Solesa Solar Kenya Limited, an international company providing renewable energy in emerging markets, and providing general advice on employment matters.
• Providing employment law advice to Kevian Limited, a local food and beverages company, providing it with an overview of labour laws in Kenya and drafting its employment contracts and disciplinary policy.
• Providing employment advice to Firelight Foundation, an international foundation and drafting an employment contract for a Kenyan employee.
• Drafting and developing standard employment contracts for Securex Limited and providing a commentary on its existing template employment contract identifying areas which are not in line with the Kenyan employment laws.
• Advising a local media company in the process of terminating employees on account of redundancy.
• Advising Yehu Microfinance Trust on employment matters pursuant to the transfer of its business and assets to a related company, Yehu Microfinance Company Limited.
• Advising the National Oil Corporation on employment matters arising out of to the proposed sale of one of its terminals.
• Advising the Privatisation Commission of employment arising out of the proposed privatization of five public owned sugar companies, namely Muhoroni, Sony, Nzoia, Miwani and Chemilil.
Hi, you may just be browsing, but we are available to answer your questions...